發新話題
打印

生活美語《He proposed》

生活美語《He proposed》

He proposed
他求婚了

對話
Arlene:You'll never guess what happened yesterday evening.
阿琳:你一定猜不到昨天晚上發生了什麼事。
Pearl:Well, let me see. You went to bed early?
珀爾:嗯,待我想想。你很早就上床睡覺?
Arlene:Oh, stop making fun. It's important. It's about Angus and me.
阿琳:別開玩笑了。那件事很重要,是我和安格斯的事。
Pearl:Well, you've been going out together for long enough. I can't think. Go on, surprise me.
珀爾:你們走在一起很久啦。我猜不到。說出來,使我驚奇一下。
Arlene:He proposed! He proposed! I knew something special was going to happen because he was so nervous.
阿琳:他求婚了,向我求婚了!我見他神情緊張,就知道有些特別事情要發生。
Pearl:Oh my god! And don't tell me, he went down on one knee.
珀爾:天啊!別告訴我他單膝跪了下來。
Arlene:Well as a matter of fact he did. He's such a romantic.
阿琳:事實正如你所言。他浪漫得很。
Pearl:He's just so old-fashioned. And did you accept?
珀爾:他只是守舊落伍。你有沒有答應婚事?
Arlene:Well of course I did. We're getting married in the spring.
阿琳:當然答應了。我們定了來春結婚。

多學一點點 跪下求婚
琳說男朋友向她求婚:He proposed。Propose 一般解作「提議」;求婚當然是提議的一種,所以也叫propose或propose marriage,名詞是proposal或marriage proposal / proposal of marriage,例如:(1) Angus finally screwed up enough courage to propose(marriage) to Arlene(安格斯終於鼓足勇氣,向阿琳求婚)。(2) She declined her boss's marriage proposal resolutely but politely(她有禮而堅決的拒絕了老闆求婚)。Screw作動詞指「扭螺旋」,screw up one's courage 即「鼓起勇氣」。
珀爾對阿琳說:Don't tell me, he went down on one knee。Don't tell me直譯是「別告訴我」,帶「你不要說,我猜得到」含義,表示某人、某事物一般都會這樣,例如老師跟懶惰的學生說:Why haven't you done your homework? Don't tell me you were sick over the weekend(你為什麼沒有做家庭作業?別告訴我你周末病了)。
To go down on / drop on / fall on one's knees即「跪下」,on one knee或on one's knees則是單膝或雙膝跪地,例如:(1) He dropped on one knee to tie his shoelace(他單膝跪下來,把鞋帶縛好)。(2) He is on his knees praying(他跪著祈禱)。
阿琳說男友很浪漫:He's such a romantic。Romantic(浪漫的、浪漫主義者)出自romance一字,而romance則出自拉丁文Romanus(羅馬的)。古羅馬(Rome)用拉丁文(Latin),義大利文、法文、西班牙文等都出自拉丁文,統稱為Romance languages(羅曼斯語)。中世紀歐洲不少英雄美女故事,都是用羅曼斯語寫成,故romance可解作「浪漫」。

Thank you for your sharing. I like it so much.

回復 1# cody-tty 的帖子

每日一句~~謝謝分享!!

回復 1# cody-tty 的帖子

每日一句~~謝謝分享!!

發新話題
最近訪問的版塊