µo·s¸ÜÃD
¥´¦L

[¥Í¬¡­^»y] ±K«Ç°k²æ:¬D¾Ô§Aªº·¥­­ Can You Escape?

±K«Ç°k²æ:¬D¾Ô§Aªº·¥­­ Can You Escape?

Can You Escape?
#§Jº|¦r #½ì¨ý
3/6 ¸ÑªR­^»y
§@ªÌ Angus Bain
¾\Ū®É¶¡ 5¤ÀÄÁ
Å¥Á¿¸Ñ Å¥®ÔŪ

¥»¹Ï¤å¥X³B:https://www.ivy.com.tw/newsLetter/analysis_cont/2022111516530713240
MP3:
¦pªG§A³ßÅwª±¤¬°Ê¹CÀ¸©M¸ÑÁ¼¡A¨º»ò¦b¤@­Ó±K«Ç°k²æ¸Ì¦ÒÅç§Aªº´¼¼z¡A©Î³\¥¿¦X§Aªº­G¤f¡C

¥Ø¿ý / Tips & Analysis / More to Learn / ¤¤¤å½Ķ(& µª®×)
§Jº|¦r¡@|¡@ µL«õªÅ§¹¾ã¤å³¹(½ÐÂI§Ú)

If you love playing interactive games and solving puzzles, then testing your wits in an escape room may be right up your alley. As the name suggests, an escape room is a locked room __1__ you must escape. In order to do so, you are required to find clues and solve a series of puzzles¡Xall in a limited amount of time. Escape rooms typically have a theme, such as solving a murder mystery or executing a successful prison break.

While escape rooms __2__ particularly popular in recent years, the concept dates back to the 2000s. A Japanese publishing company called SCRAP is credited with creating the first escape room in Kyoto in 2007. Called Real Escape Game, or REG, it soon became a success in Japan and other Asian countries. In 2012, San Francisco __3__ the first permanent REG on American soil. As of July 2022, there were reportedly close to 2,000 escape rooms run by various companies across the US. However, this figure was slightly lower than in previous years due to COVID-19.

The future outlook for the escape room industry seems __4__, according to industry insiders. One reason for this is the development of certain types of technology that are making escape rooms more sophisticated and interesting. Another is the growing tendency for millennials and zoomers to spend their money on new experiences __5__ just material things. You may want to try this unique adventure for yourself.

1. (A) by that (B) for what (C) from which (D) with whom
2. (A) become (B) have become (C) will become (D) are to become
3. (A) invaded (B) associated (C) offended (D) established
4. (A) positive (B) general (C) doubtful (D) miserable
5. (A) by means of (B) in return for (C) as opposed to (D) in keeping with

µª®×: 1.C 2.B 3.D 4.A 5.C

¡õ  §¹¾ã¤å³¹ª©¥»¡]µL«õªÅ¡^
        If you love playing interactive games and solving puzzles, then testing your wits in an escape room may be right up your alley. As the name suggests, an escape room is a locked room from which you must escape. In order to do so, you are required to find clues and solve a series of puzzles¡Xall in a limited amount of time. Escape rooms typically have a theme, such as solving a murder mystery or executing a successful prison break.

While escape rooms become particularly popular in recent years, the concept dates back to the 2000s. A Japanese publishing company called SCRAP is credited with creating the first escape room in Kyoto in 2007. Called Real Escape Game, or REG, it soon became a success in Japan and other Asian countries. In 2012, San Francisco established the first permanent REG on American soil. As of July 2022, there were reportedly close to 2,000 escape rooms run by various companies across the US. However, this figure was slightly lower than in previous years due to COVID-19.

The future outlook for the escape room industry seems positive, according to industry insiders. One reason for this is the development of certain types of technology that are making escape rooms more sophisticated and interesting. Another is the growing tendency for millennials and zoomers to spend their money on new experiences as opposed to just material things. You may want to try this unique adventure for yourself.

³æ¦r¤ù»y¾ã²z
Words in Use
¡´
figure [£¿fÈþgjɚ]

vt. »{¬°
n. ¼Æ¦r¡F¨­§÷
¡´
tendency [£¿tÈ÷ndənsÈþ]

n. ¶É¦V
¡´
soil [sÈøÈþl]

n. ¤gÄ[
vt. §Ëż¡A¦¾·l
¡´
execute [£¿È÷ksÈþ͵kjut]

vt. °õ¦æ¡F³B¦º
¡´
sophisticated [sə£¿fÈþstÈþ͵ketÈþd]

a. ¥@¬Gªº¡A¶ê·Æªº¡F¡]¾÷¾¹¡B¨t²Î¡^ºë±Kªº
¡´
permanent [£¿pɝmənənt]

a. ¥Ã«íªº¡F±`³]ªº
¡´
interactive [͵Èþntɚ£¿æktÈþv]

a. ¬Û¤¬§@¥Îªº
¡´
murder [£¿mɝdɚ]

vt. ¿Ñ±þ & n. ¿Ñ±þ¡]®×¡^
¡´
outlook [£¿aÈýt͵lÈýk]

n. ¬Ýªk¡AÆ[ÂI¡F®i±æ¡A«e´º¡]»P¤¶µü for ¨Ã¥Î¡A±`¥Î³æ¼Æ¡^
¡´
clue [klu]

n. ½u¯Á¡AºÝ­Ù¡AÀYºü
¡´
adventure [əd£¿vÈ÷ntÈõɚ]

n. «_ÀI¡A©_¹J
¡´
break [brek]

vt. & vi. ¡]¨Ï¡^¯}¸H¡F§ËÃa
n. ¥ð®§¡Fµõ¤f
vt. ¥´¯}¡]¬ö¿ý¡^¡F¹H¤Ï
vi. ¯}¾å
¡´
reportedly [rÈþ£¿portÈþdlÈþ]

adv. ¾Ú³ø¾É
¡´
wit [wÈþt]

n. ¾÷´¼
¡´
insider [£¿Èþn£¿saÈþdɚ]
n. ª¾±¡¤H¤h¡A¤F¸Ñ¤º¹õªº¤H
¡´
millennial [mÈþ£¿lÈ÷nÈþəl]
n. ¤dÁH¥@¥N¡]¤SºÙ Y ¥@¥N¡A¤@ ¯ë«ü 1980 ¦~¥N¡B1990 ¦~¥N¥X¥Íªº¤H¡^
¡´
zoomer [ ˈzumɚ ]
n. Z ¥@¥N¡]¥X¥Í©ó 1990 ±ß´Á¨ì 2000 ¦~ªì´Áªº¤H¡^
Practical Phrases
¡´
date back (all the way) to + ®É¶¡¢A®É´Á °l·¹¦Ü⋯⋯¡]®É¶¡¡^
My mother¡¦s antique table dates back to the early 1800s.
§Ú¦Ñ¶ýªº¥j¸³®à¥i°l·¹¦Ü¤Q¤E¥@¬öªì¡C

According to scientists, these fossils date back to 2000 BCE.
®Ú¾Ú¬ì¾Ç®aªº»¡ªk¡A³o¨Ç¤Æ¥Û¥i°l·¹¦Ü¤½¤¸«e¨â¤d¦~¡C

¡´
as of + ®É¶¡ ºI¦Ü¬Y®É¶¡¬°¤î
As of yesterday, we had finished three-fifthsof the report.
¨ì¬Q¤Ñ¬°¤î¡A³o¥÷³ø§i§Ú­Ì¤w§¹¦¨¤F¤­¤À¤§¤T¡C

¡´
be credited with... »{¬°¬Y¨Æ¬O⋯⋯°µªº¡F¨ã¦³⋯⋯ªº¥\³Ò
Bill is credited with saving the company from bankruptcy.
¤ñº¸¹ï©ó¬@±Ï¤½¥q§K©ó¯}²£¦³²ö¤j¥\³Ò¡C

¡´
a prison break ¶Vº»
Tips & Analysis

1. As the name suggests, an escape room is a locked room from which you must escape.

²z¥Ñ

a. ªÅ®æ«e«á¬°¨â­Ó§¹¾ãªº¤l¥y¡A¥B«e­±ªº¥ý¦æµü¬° a locked room(¤WÂꪺ©Ð¶¡)¡A¥iª¾ªÅ®æÀ³¸m¤J¥i ¤Þ¾É§Î®eµü¤l¥yªºµüÃþ¡A¥B¸ÓµüÃþ­n¯à­×¹¢¦a¤è¡C

b. that ¥i§@Ãö«Y¥N¦Wµü¡A¦ý¨ä«e¤£¥i¦³¤¶µü¡A¬G (A) ¤£¥i¿ï¡C

c. what ¥i§@½Æ¦XÃö«Y¥N¦Wµü¡A¦ý¨Ï¥Î®É¨ä«e¤£¥i¦³ ¥ý¦æµü¡A¬G (B) ¤£¥i¿ï¡C

d. from which(= where)¥i¤Þ¾É§Î®eµü¤l¥y¡A­×¹¢ ªí¦a¤èªº¥ý¦æµü¡A¸m¤J«áªí±K«Ç°k²æ¬O¤@­Ó§A¥²¶· ¡u±q¤¤¡v°k²æªº¤WÂꪺ©Ð¶¡¡A¤åªk¤Î»y·N¬Ò²Å¦X¡A ¬G¿ï (C)¡C

e. whom ¥u¯à­×¹¢ªí¤Hªº¥ý¦æµü¡A¬G (D) ¤£¥i¿ï¡C

2. While escape rooms have become particularly popular in recent years, the concept dates back to the 2000s.

²z¥Ñ

a. ¥»ÃD´ú¸Õ²{¦b§¹¦¨¦¡ªº¥Îªk:

¤Z¥y¤¤¦³ in recent years / months(³Ìªñ´X¦~/ ´X­Ó¤ë)µ¥ªº®É¶¡°Æµü¤ù»y¥X²{®É¡Aªí¥Ü±q¹L¥h¨ì ²{¦b¬°¤î¤´«ùÄòªº°Ê§@©Îª¬ºA¡A¨Ï¥Î²{¦b§¹¦¨¦¡¨Óªí¹F¡C

• In recent months, there have been several demonstrations in that area.

³Ìªñ´X­Ó¤ë¡A¨º­Ó¦a°Ï¦³¹L¼Æ¦¸ªº¥Ü«Â¬¡°Ê¡C

b. ¥»¥y«á­±¦³ªí¤@¬q®É¶¡ªº in recent years(ªñ´X ¦~¨Ó)¡A¥iª¾µª®×À³¿ï (B) have become¡C

3. In 2012, San Francisco established the first permanent REG on American soil.

²z¥Ñ

ªÅ®æ«á¤@¥y´£¨ìºI¦Ü 2022 ¦~¤C¤ë¡A¦b¬ü°ê¦U¦a ¦³±Nªñ¨â¤d¶¡¥Ñ¤£¦P¤½¥q¸gÀ窺±K«Ç°k²æ¡A¦Ó¥»¥y ´£¤Î the first permanent REG¡A¥iª¾À³¬O2012 ¦~¡Aª÷¤s¦b¬ü°ê°ê¤g¤W¡u«Ø¥ß¡v¤F­º¶¡¥Ã¤[ªº¯u ¤H±K«Ç°k²æ¡A¬G (D) ¶µÀ³¬°¥¿¿ï¡C

4. The future outlook for the escape room industry seems positive, according to industry insiders.

²z¥Ñ

ªÅ®æ«á¤@¥y´£¨ì¡A¯S©w¬ì§Þªºµo®iÅý±K«Ç°k²æÅܱo §óºë±K¥B¦³½ì¡A¥iª¾·~¤º¤H¤h¹ï±K«Ç°k²æ¥¼¨Óªº®i ±æÀ³¸Ó¬O¡u¼ÖÆ[ªº¡v¡A¬G¿ï (A)¡C

5. Another is the growing tendency for millennials and zoomers to spend their money on new experiences as opposed to just material things.

²z¥Ñ

®Ú¾Ú»y·N¡A¥»¬q¶}ÀY´£¨ì·~¤ºª¾±¡¤H¤h¹ï±K«Ç°k²æ ¥¼¨Óªº®i±æ¦ü¥G¬O¼ÖÆ[ªº¡A¨Ã»¡©ú¨â­Ó­ì¦]¡A¥»¥y ±Ô­z²Ä¤G­Ó­ì¦]§Y¬O¤dÁH¥@¥N©M Z ¥@¥N·U¨Ó·U¶É¦V ©óªá¿ú¦b·sªºÅéÅç¤W¡A¡u¦Ó«D¡v¶È¬Oª«½èªºªF¦è¡A ¬G¿ï (C)¡C

More to Learn

be right up / down one¡¦s alley ¦X¬Y¤Hªº­G¤f/¤f¨ý/³ß¦n

• Olivia loves extreme sports, so bungee jumping is right up her alley.

¶ø²úÁ¨¨È«Ü·R·¥­­¹B°Ê¡A©Ò¥H°ªªÅ¼u¸õ¥¿¦X¦o­G¤f¡C
¥H¤U¤¶²Ð¨ä¥L¥iªí¡u¥¿¦X¬Y¤H­G¤f¡A¬Y¤H³ßÅwªº¡vªº ¤ù»y:

a. be one¡¦s cup of tea

• Science fiction books aren¡¦t my cup of tea. They¡¦re too unrealistic.

¬ì¤Û¤p»¡¤£¦X§Úªº­G¤f¡C¥¦­Ì¤Ó¤£¤Á¹ê»Ú¤F¡C

b. be one¡¦s thing

• Shopping during sales is not my thing because I can¡¦t stand being crushed by people trying to grab every bargain in sight.

§Ú¤£³ßÅw¦b¯S½æ·|´Á¶¡Áʪ«¡A¦]¬°§ÚµLªk§Ô¨ü³Q¨£ ¨ì¯S»ù°Ó«~´N·mÁʪº¤H¼éÀ½¨ÓÀ½¥h¡C

c. suit one¡¦s taste

• That music didn¡¦t suit my taste at all.

¨ººØ­µ¼Ö¤@ÂI¤]¤£¦X§Ú¤f¨ý¡C

d. float one¡¦s boat

• For the toppings, you can choose fruits, chocolate, or cookies¡Xwhatever floats your boat.

°t®Æªº¸Ü¡A§A¥i¥H¿ï¾Ü¤ôªG¡B¥©§J¤O©Î»æ°® ¢w¢w ¥ô¦ó¦X§A­G¤fªº³£¦æ¡C

¤¤¤å½Ķ(& µª®×)

¦pªG§A³ßÅwª±¤¬°Ê¹CÀ¸©M¸ÑÁ¼¡A¨º»ò¦b¤@­Ó±K«Ç°k²æ¸Ì ¦ÒÅç§Aªº´¼¼z¡A©Î³\¥¿¦X§Aªº­G¤f¡CÅU¦W«ä¸q¡A±K«Ç°k²æ´N ¬O¤@¶¡¤WÂꪺ©Ð¶¡¦Ó§A¥²¶·±q¤¤°k²æ¡C¬°¤F°k²æ¥X¥h¡A§A±o §ä¨ì½u¯Á©M¸Ñ¶}¤@³s¦êªºÁ¼ÃD ¢w¢w ¥þ³£­n¦b­­¨îªº®É¶¡¤º §¹¦¨¡C±K«Ç°k²æ³q±`¦³­Ó¥DÃD¡A¹³¬O¸Ñ¶}¤@°_¿Ñ±þÁ¼¹Î¡A©Î ¬O°õ¦æ¤@³õ¦¨¥\ªº°kº»¦æ°Ê¡C

ÁöµM±K«Ç°k²æ¦bªñ´X¦~¤wÅܱo¯S§O¨üÅwªï¡A¨ä·§©À¥i¥H °l·¹¦Ü 2000 ¦~¥N¡C¤@¶¡¦W¬° SCRAP ªº¤é¥»¥Xª©¤½¥q³Q»{ ¬°©ó 2007 ¦~¦b¨Ê³£³Ð¥ß¤F­º¶¡±K«Ç°k²æ¡C¨ä³QºÙ¬°¯u¤H±K «Ç°k²æ(REG)¡A«Ü§Ö´N¦b¤é¥»©M¨ä¥L¨È¬w°ê®aÀò±o¦¨¥\¡C 2012 ¦~¡Aª÷¤s¦b¬ü°ê°ê¤g¤W«Ø¥ß¤F­º¶¡¥Ã¤[ªº¯u¤H±K«Ç °k²æ¡CºI¦Ü 2022 ¦~¤C¤ë¡A¾Ú»¡¦b¬ü°ê¦U¦a¡A¦³±Nªñ¨â¤d¶¡ ¥Ñ¤£¦P¤½¥q¸gÀ窺±K«Ç°k²æ¡CµM¦Ó¡A¦]¬°·s«aªÍª¢¡A³o­Ó¼Æ ¦r¤ñ«e´X¦~µy§C¡C

®Ú¾Ú·~¤ºª¾±¡¤H¤h¡A±K«Ç°k²æ¥¼¨Óªº®i±æ¦ü¥G¬O¼ÖÆ[ ªº¡C¨ä¤¤¤@­Ó­ì¦]¬O¯S©w¬ì§Þªºµo®iÅý±K«Ç°k²æÅܱo§óºë±K ¥B¦³½ì¡C¥t¤@­Ó­ì¦]¬O¤dÁH¥@¥N©MZ ¥@¥N·U¨Ó·U¶É¦V©óªá¿ú ¦b·sªºÅéÅç¤W¡A¦Ó«D¶È¬Oª«½èªºªF¦è¡C§A¥i¯à·|·Q­n¿Ë¦Û¸Õ ¸Õ³o­Ó¿W¯Sªº«_ÀI¡C
ªþ¥ó: ±z©Ò¦bªº¥Î¤á²ÕµLªk¤U¸ü©Î¬d¬Ýªþ¥ó

µo·s¸ÜÃD