#½g³¹µ²ºc #¤ß²z
4/24 ¸ÑªR­^»y
§@ªÌ Angus Bain
¾\Ū®É¶¡ 6¤ÀÄÁ
Å¥Á¿¸Ñ Å¥®ÔŪ
¥»¹Ï¤å¥X³B:https://www.ivy.com.tw/newsLetter/analysis_cont/2022121910412984518
MP3:  
°{¥ú¿O°O¾Ð: ¸£®ü¸Ìªº·Ó¬Û¾÷ Flashbulb Memories
°{¥ú¿O°O¾Ð´N¹³¬O§Ú­Ì¥Î¸£³U¦Ó«D·Ó¬Û¾÷´À­«­n®É¨è·Ó¤Uªº¡u§Ö·Ó¡v¡A³q±`³£¬O¦b§Ú­ÌÆ[¬Ý¬Y¥ó¨Æ®Éµo¥Íªº¡C

¥Ø¿ý / Tips & Analysis / More to Learn / ¤¤¤å½Ķ(& µª®×)
½g³¹µ²ºc¡@|¡@µL«õªÅ§¹¾ã¤å³¹(½ÐÂI§Ú)

It is very common for people to have very vivid memories of certain events. These events may be things that happened to them personally, such as a graduation ceremony or the birth of a child. Or they may be things that they see or hear about in the news. __1__ Psychologists refer to them as flashbulb memories.

As the name suggests, flashbulb memories are like ¡§snapshots¡¨ of important moments that we take with our brains rather than a camera. They typically happen when we are watching something, either at the scene or on television. __2__ Many people claim that they remember exactly where they were, what they were doing, and whom they were with when they heard the tragic news.

According to psychologists, there are several factors that affect these types of memories. Among the most significant are the emotions a person may be feeling at the time, especially if it¡¦s shocking. __3__ Receiving a very special and unexpected birthday gift, for instance, would have special significance for an individual but would be meaningless to others. Winning the FIFA World Cup, on the other hand, would be remembered vividly not just by the players involved but also by the millions of fans who cheered them on.

However, studies have shown that flashbulb memories are often not as clear as people think. As time passes, people¡¦s version of events can change. __4__ So, keep in mind that those clear memories that you have of an event may not be entirely accurate.

(A) Take the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the United States for example.

(B) There is also the personal connection that a person may feel toward an event.

(C) Whatever the case may be, these memories stick out in our minds very clearly.

(D) This may result from a number of influences, such as their other life experiences or being exposed to media coverage of an event.

µª®×: 1.C 2.A 3.B 4.D

¡õ  §¹¾ã¤å³¹ª©¥»¡]µL«õªÅ¡^
        It is very common for people to have very vivid memories of certain events. These events may be things that happened to them personally, such as a graduation ceremony or the birth of a child. Or they may be things that they see or hear about in the news. Whatever the case may be, these memories stick out in our minds very clearly. Psychologists refer to them as flashbulb memories.

As the name suggests, flashbulb memories are like ¡§snapshots¡¨ of important moments that we take with our brains rather than a camera. They typically happen when we are watching something, either at the scene or on television. Take the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the United States for example. Many people claim that they remember exactly where they were, what they were doing, and whom they were with when they heard the tragic news.

According to psychologists, there are several factors that affect these types of memories. Among the most significant are the emotions a person may be feeling at the time, especially if it¡¦s shocking. There is also the personal connection that a person may feel toward an event. Receiving a very special and unexpected birthday gift, for instance, would have special significance for an individual but would be meaningless to others. Winning the FIFA World Cup, on the other hand, would be remembered vividly not just by the players involved but also by the millions of fans who cheered them on.

However, studies have shown that flashbulb memories are often not as clear as people think. As time passes, people¡¦s version of events can change. This may result from a number of influences, such as their other life experiences or being exposed to media coverage of an event. So, keep in mind that those clear memories that you have of an event may not be entirely accurate.

³æ¦r¤ù»y¾ã²z
Words in Use
¡´
factor [£¿fæktɚ]

n. ¦]¯À
¡´
individual [͵Èþndə£¿vÈþdʒÈýəl]

adj. ­Ó§Oªº¡A­Ó¤Hªº
n. ­Ó¤H¡A­ÓÅé
¡´
emotion [Èþ£¿moÈõən]

n. ±¡·P¡A·P©Ê¡]¤£¥i¼Æ¡^¡F±¡ºü¡]³ß¡B«ã¡B«s¡B¼Öµ¥¡^¡]¥i¼Æ¡^
¡´
affect [ə£¿fÈ÷kt]

vt. ¼vÅT¡F¡]¯e¯f¡^«Iŧ¡F·P°Ê¡A¾_¾Ù¡F°²¸Ë
¡´
tragic [£¿trædʒÈþk]

a. ´d¼@ªº¡F¥O¤H´dµhªº
¡´
psychologist [saÈþ£¿kɑlədʒÈþst]

n. ¤ß²z¾Ç®a
¡´
significance [sÈþg£¿nÈþfəkəns]

n. ·N¸q¡F­«­n©Ê
¡´
significant [sÈþg£¿nÈþfəkənt]

a. ­«­nªº¡FÅãµÛªº
¡´
vivid [£¿vÈþvÈþd]

a. ¥Í°Êªº
¡´
meaningless [£¿minÈþÈülÈþs]

a. µL·N¸qªº¡F¤£­«­nªº
¡´
vividly [£¿vÈþvÈþdlÈþ]

adv. ÂA©ú¦a¡A¥Í°Ê¦a
¡´
flashbulb [£¿flæÈõ͵bʌlb]
n. °{¥ú¿Oªw
¡´
snapshot [£¿snæp͵Èõɑt]
n. §Ö·Ó¡A·Ó¤ù
Practical Phrases
¡´
refer to A as B §â A ºÙ§@ B
Do not refer to Mandy as your girlfriend. She¡¦s your ex-girlfriend now.
§OºÙ°Ò¸¦¬°¤k¤Í¡C¦o²{¦b¬O§Aªº«e¤k¤Í¡C

¡´
on the other hand ¥t¤@¤è­±
¡´
As the name suggests, ÅU¦W«ä¸q¡A⋯⋯
As the name suggests, the Statue of Liberty symbolizes universal freedom.
ÅU¦W«ä¸q¡A¦Û¥Ñ¤k¯«¹³¶H¼x´¶¥@ªº¦Û¥Ñ¡C

Tips & Analysis

1. ²Ä¤@ÃDªÅ®æÀ³¿ï (C)

²z¥Ñ

a. ¥»ªÅ®æ¦b´ú¸Õ¹ï¬q¸¨»y·N³s³e©Êªº´x´¤¡AªÅ®æ«e´£ ¨ì¦³¨Ç°O¾Ð¹ï§Ú­Ì¦Ó¨¥¬O¬Û·íÂA©úªº¡AªÅ®æ«á¤@¥y »¡©ú³o¨Ç°O¾Ð³QºÙ¬°°{¥ú¿O°O¾Ð¡A¥i±À´úªÅ®æÀ³»P ³oÃþ°O¾Ð¦³¤°»ò¯S¦â¬ÛÃö¡C

b. ¿ï¶µ (C) ªí¥Ü¡AµL½×¬O­þ¤@ºØ±¡ªp¡A³o¨Ç°O¾Ð¦b§Ú ­Ì¸£®ü¤¤³£¬Û·íÅãµÛ¡A»y·N³s³e¥B²Å¦X±À´ú¡A¥B¿ï ¶µ¤¤ªº Whatever the case may be(µL½×¬O­þ¤@ ºØ±¡ªp)«üªº§Y¬O«e¨â¥yªº­Ó¤H¬ÛÃöªº°O¾Ð©Î¬O¦b ·s»D¤W¬Ý¨ìªº¡A¬Gµª®×À³¿ï (C)¡C

2. ²Ä¤GÃDªÅ®æÀ³¿ï (A)

²z¥Ñ

a. ¥»ªÅ®æ¦b´ú¸Õ¹ï¬q¸¨µo®iªº´x´¤¡AªÅ®æ«á´£¨ì¬Y­Ó ´dºG·s»D¡A¥i±À´úªÅ®æÀ³´£¤Î¦¹´dºG¨Æ¥ó¡C

b. ¿ï¶µ (A) ªí¥Ü¡A¥H¬ü°ê 911 ®£©Æ§ðÀ»¬°¨Ò¡A²Å¦X ±À´ú¡A¥BªÅ®æ«á¤@¥yªº the tragic news(´dºG·s »D)«üªº§Y¬O¥»¥yªº¬ü°ê 911 ®£©Æ§ðÀ»¡A¬Gµª®× À³¿ï (A)¡C

3. ²Ä¤TÃDªÅ®æÀ³¿ï (B)

²z¥Ñ

a. ¥»ªÅ®æ¦b´ú¸Õ¹ï¬q¸¨»y·Nµo®iªº´x´¤¡A¥»¬q¦®¦b»¡ ©ú¦³³\¦h¦]¯À¼vÅT°{¥ú¿O°O¾Ð¡A¦ÓªÅ®æ«áÁ|¨Ò¡A»¡ ©ú¦¬¨ì¯S§Oªº¥Í¤é§ª«¹ï¤@­Ó¤H¨Ó»¡«Ü¦³·N¸q¡A¹ï ¥t¤@¤H«o¬O²@µL·N¸qªº¡A¥i±À´úªÅ®æÀ³´£¤Î¬Y­Ó¼v ÅT°{¥ú¿O°O¾Ðªº¦]¯À¡A¥BÀ³»PªÅ®æ«á¤@¥yªº¨Ò¤l¬Û Ãö¡C

b. ¿ï¶µ (B) ªí¥Ü¡A¹ï©ó¤@°_¨Æ¥ó¤H­Ì¥i¯à·|·P¨ü¨ìªº ­Ó¤H³sµ²¤]¬O­ì¦]¡A»y·N³s³e¡A¥BªÅ®æ«á¤@¥y´£¨ì ªº¦¬¨ì¥Í¤é§ª«¹ï¨º­Ó¤Hªº·N¸q¡A§Y¦b»¡©ú¿ï¶µ¤¤ ªº­Ó¤H³sµ²¡A¬Gµª®×À³¿ï (B)¡C

4. ²Ä¥|ÃDªÅ®æÀ³¿ï (D)

²z¥Ñ

a. ¥»ªÅ®æ¦b´ú¸Õ¹ï¬q¸¨»y·N³s³eªº´x´¤¡AªÅ®æ«e´£¨ì °{¥ú¿O°O¾Ð¥i¯à¤£¦p¤H­Ì»{¬°ªº¨º»ò²M·¡¡A¥BÀHµÛ ®É¶¡¬y³u¡A¤H­Ì¹ï©ó¨Æ¥óªºª©¥»¥i¯à·|§ïÅÜ¡A¥iª¾ ªÅ®æÀ³´£¤Î­ì¦]©Î¨Ò¤l¡C

b. ¿ï¶µ (D) ªí¥Ü¡A³o¥i¯à°_¦]©ó¼ÆºØ¼vÅT¡A¹³¬O¥L ­Ì¨ä¥Lªº¤H¥Í¸gÅç¡A©Î±µÄ²¨ì´CÅé¹ï¬Y­Ó¨Æ¥óªº³ø ¾É¡A»y·N³s³e¥B²Å¦X±À´ú¡A¥B¿ï¶µ¤¤ªºThis §Y¬O «e¤@¥y´£¨ìªº¤H­Ì¹ï©ó¨Æ¥óªºª©¥»¥i¯à·|§ïÅÜ¡A¬G µª®×À³¿ï (D)¡C

More to Learn

memory [ £¿mÈ÷mərÈþ ] n. °O¾Ð¡A¦^¾Ð

• Sophia and her friends have made a lot of good memories during their class trip.

Ĭµá¨È©M¦oªºªB¤Í­Ì¦b¯Z¹C´Á¶¡³Ð³y¤F³\¦h¬ü¦nªº¦^¾Ð¡C

¦r­º mem- ªí¡u¬ö©À;°O¾Ð¡v¡A±`¨£³æ¦r¤¶²Ð¦p¤U:

a. memorize [ £¿mÈ÷mə͵raÈþz ] vt. °O¦í;­I¼ô

• Experts discovered that the human brain can memorize images faster than text.

±M®aµo²{¤HÃþªº¤j¸£°O¹Ï¹³¤ñ°O¤å¦r§Ö³t¡C

b. memorable [ £¿mÈ÷mərəb! ] a. Ãø§Ñªº;­È±oÃh©Àªº

• The couple spent a memorable vacation in Switzerland.

³o¹ï¤Ò°ü¦b·ç¤h«×¹L¤F¤@­ÓÃø§Ñªº°²´Á¡C

c. memorial [ mə£¿morÈþəl ] a. ¬ö©Àªº¡A°l±¥ªº & n. ¬ö©À¸O;¬ö©ÀÀ]

• The memorial park is dedicated to those who died in a historical event.

³o®y¬ö©À¤½¶é¬OÄmµ¹¨º¨Ç¦b¾ú¥v¨Æ¥ó¤¤¥¢¥h©Ê©Rªº ¤H¡C

• The Lincoln Memorial honors the 16th president of the US, and symbolizes his belief in the freedom of all people.

ªLªÖ¬ö©À°ó¬ö©À¬ü°ê²Ä¤Q¤»¥ôÁ`²Î¡A¤]¶H¼x¥L»{¬° ¥þ¤HÃþ¬Ò¦³¦Û¥Ñªº«H©À¡C

d. memoir [ £¿mÈ÷mwɑr ] n. ¹ê¿ý(¥i¥Î³æ¼Æ);¦^¾Ð¿ý(«í¥Î½Æ¼Æ)

• That famous artist¡¦s memoirs caused a sensation.

¨º¦ìª¾¦WÃÀ³N®aªº¦^¾Ð¿ý³y¦¨¤FÅF°Ê¡C

e. memo [ £¿mÈ÷mo ] n. ³Æ§Ñ¿ý

(memorandum [ ͵mÈ÷mə£¿rændəm ] ªºÁY¼g)

• Jason wrote a memo to inform the staff of the company¡¦s internal changes.

³Ç´Ë¼g¤F³Æ§Ñ¿ý¨Ó³qª¾­û¤u¤½¥q¤º³¡ªº§ïÅÜ¡C

f. memorabilia [ £¿mÈ÷mərə£¿bÈþlÈþə ] n.(µÛ¦W¤Hª«©Î¨Æ ¥óªº)¬ö©À«~¡A¦¬Âë~(µø¬°½Æ¼Æ)

• Even today, many people are interested in collecting Beatles memorabilia.

®É¦Ü¤µ¤é¡A«Ü¦h¤H¤´¹ï¦¬¶°©ÜÀY¥|ªº¬ö©À«~¦³¿³½ì¡C

¤¤¤å½Ķ(& µª®×)

¤H­Ì¹ï©ó¬Y¨Ç¨Æ¥ó¾Ö¦³«D±`ÂA©úªº°O¾Ð¬O«Ü±`¨£ªº¡C³o ¨Ç¨Æ¥ó¥i¯àµo¥Í¦b­Ó¤H¨­¤W¡A¹³¬O²¦·~¨å§©Î«Ä¤l¥X¥Í¡C©Î ªÌ¥i¯à¬O¦b·s»D¤W¨£¨ì©ÎÅ¥¨ìªº¨Æ¡CµL½×¬O­þ¤@ºØ±¡ªp¡A³o ¨Ç°O¾Ð¦b§Ú­Ì¸£®ü¤¤³£¬Û·íÅãµÛ¡C¤ß²z¾Ç®aºÙ¤§¬°°{¥ú¿O°O ¾Ð¡C

ÅU¦W«ä¸q¡A°{¥ú¿O°O¾Ð´N¹³¬O§Ú­Ì¥Î¸£³U¦Ó«D·Ó¬Û¾÷´À ­«­n®É¨è·Ó¤Uªº¡u§Ö·Ó¡v¡C³q±`³£¬O¦b§Ú­ÌÆ[¬Ý¬Y¥ó¨Æ®Éµo ¥Íªº¡A¤£½×¬O²{³õ©Î¬O¦b¹qµø¤W¬Ý¨ì¡C¥H¬ü°ê 911 ®£©Æ§ðÀ» ¬°¨Ò¡C³\¦h¤HÁnºÙ¥L­Ì½T¤Á°O±o¦bÅ¥»D³o­Ó´dºG·s»D®É¡A¥L ­Ì¤H¦b­þ¡B¦b°µ¤°»ò¨Æ¥H¤Î¸ò½Ö¦b¤@°_¡C

®Ú¾Ú¤ß²z¾Ç®aªº¬Ýªk¡A¦³¤@¨Ç¦]¯À¼vÅT³oºØ°O¾Ð¡C¨ä ¤¤³Ì­«­nªº¬O¤H­Ì¦b·í®É¥i¯à·P¨ü¨ìªº±¡ºü¡A¯S§O¬O¦pªG¸Ó ±¡ºü¬O«Ü¾_¾Ùªº¸Ü¡C¹ï©ó¤@°_¨Æ¥ó¤H­Ì¥i¯à·|·P¨ü¨ìªº­Ó¤H ³sµ²¤]¬O­ì¦]¡CÁ|¨Ò¨Ó»¡¡A¦¬¨ì¤@­Ó«Ü¯S§O¥B·N¥~ªº¥Í¤é§ ª«¡A¹ï¬Y­Ó¤H¨Ó»¡·|¦³¯S®í·N¸q¡A¦ý¹ï¨ä¥L¤H¦Ó¨¥´N¨S¦³·N¸q¡C¥t¤@¤è­±¡Aűo¨¬²y¥@¬É¬×¤£¥u¦³¬ÛÃö²y­û·|®Ý®Ý¦p¥Í ¦a°O±o¡A¹ï¼Æ¦Ê¸U¦W¬°¥L­ÌÅw©Iªº²y°g¥ç¬O¦p¦¹¡C

µM¦Ó¡A¬ã¨sÅã¥Ü°{¥ú¿O°O¾Ð³q±`¤£¹³¤H­Ì©Ò»{¬°ªº¨º»ò ²M·¡¡CÀHµÛ®É¶¡¬y³u¡A¤H­Ì¹ï©ó¨Æ¥óªºª©¥»¥i¯à·|§ïÅÜ¡C³o ¥i¯à°_¦]©ó¼ÆºØ¼vÅT¡A¹³¬O¥L­Ì¨ä¥Lªº¤H¥Í¸gÅç¡A©Î±µÄ²¨ì ´CÅé¹ï¬Y­Ó¨Æ¥óªº³ø¾É¡C¦]¦¹­n°O±o¡A§A¹ï©ó¬Y­Ó¨Æ¥ó²M·¡ ªº°O¾Ð¥i¯à¤£§¹¥þ¬O¥¿½Tªº¡C
ªþ¥ó: ±z©Ò¦bªº¥Î¤á²ÕµLªk¤U¸ü©Î¬d¬Ýªþ¥ó

µo·s¸ÜÃD